Construction Activities – Week of October 17, 2022
The Connecticut Department of Transportation advises the following construction activities for the upcoming week:
- Town of Haddam
- Crews will continue working on staging for the construction of a new retaining wall along the southside of Route 82.
- Town of East Haddam
- No anticipated roadway work this week.
- Crews will continue with troubleshooting and repair work of the mechanical breakdown of the swing span.
- No anticipated night activities.
- No anticipated lane closures this week.
- The bridge will continue with the 2 daily manual openings of the swing span, the openings will occur at 10am and 1pm. Be advised that this schedule is subject to change if the bridge crew encounters re-occurring or new problems during the scheduled manual openings. Additionally, high winds (gust above 25mph) could prevent the bridge tender from performing a manual swing, boaters are advised to monitor wind gust on anticipated navigation day.
Please be advised:
- Weekend work is not anticipated.
- Signs will be posted to help guide the public.
- Access to local businesses and residents within the work zones will be maintained.
Unforeseen circumstances have the potential to impact all scheduled construction activities.
If you have any questions related to construction, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
For Media Inquiries:
Office of Communications