Construction Activities – Week of October 3, 2022
The Connecticut Department of Transportation advises the following construction activities for the upcoming week:
- Town of Haddam
- Crews will continue working on driveway realignment and staging for the construction of a new retaining wall along the southside of Route 82.
- Town of East Haddam
- No anticipated road work this week.
- Crews will continue with troubleshooting and repair work of the mechanical breakdown of the swing span.
- No anticipated night activities.
- No anticipated lane closures this week.
- Due to the anticipated very high winds forecasted for Sunday 10/2, the swing bridge will not be opening to marine traffic. To accommodate the two cancelled openings, the swing bridge will be opened four times on Saturday 10/1 (8am, 10am, 12pm, and 2pm). The bridge openings for the early part of next week are being assessed as we continue to monitor the wind conditions.
- Previous Alert: Effective, Wednesday, September 28, 2022, the swing bridge will open twice daily, once at 10am and again at 1pm. The bridge operators will be opening the bridge manually, these openings will be slower than normal due to the procedure being used. These daily openings will be in effect until further notice.
Please be advised:
- Weekend work is not anticipated.
- Signs will be posted to help guide the public.
- Access to local businesses and residents within the work zones will be maintained.
- Unforeseen circumstances have the potential to impact all scheduled construction activities.
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is working to inform residents of current and upcoming construction activities through announcements such as this, as well as the project website. For more information, visit
If you have any questions related to construction, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
For Media Inquiries:
Office of Communications